3 Types of Oils We Know Your Hair Will Love
If we were to take a poll or conduct a quick survey, you would see that it would be nearly impossible to find someone who doesn’t use at least one oil product in their hair care regimen. Oils are essential and they contain many benefits for the hair.
From olive oil to coconut oil, baobab oil, or jojoba oil, there are several oils that many people use for their hair. Oils serve an important purpose for our hair, but it’s not enough to use just any oil. It’s also important that you do the proper research into the product you want to use to make sure that you are using something that actually benefits you and your hair.
In a March 2019 Cosmopolitan article titled “A beginner's guide to finding the best hair oil” expert Amy Lewis, shares that oils such as Coconut and Baobob Oils are packed with hair-healthy carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, along with essential fatty acids needed for deep hair hydration and nourishment.
This is why we decided to look at the different types of oil, their effects, and how they can be used on your hair.
Some of the main ways you can use oils in your hair care regimen are:
- You can use it as a pre-poo treatment where you apply oil on your hair as a mask for 30 minutes before washing it out with shampoo and conditioner.
- Can be used before and after styling your hair.
- As a detangling aid when separating matted strands.
- For taming frizz and wild flyaways.
Some of the most commonly used oils are:
Olive oil is a natural oil derived from olives! no surprises there. It is very common and is regularly used for cooking in many households. However, this multipurpose oil also contains many benefits for the hair like:
- Moisturizing the hair
- Soothing irritated scalps
- Combating dandruff
Rumored to be the holy grail of hair oils, coconut oil contains vitamins and essential fatty acids that help to stimulate hair growth. Other effects of coconut oil on the hair include:
- Acting as a nourishing agent for the hair
- Moisturizing and making the hair softer
- Serving as a natural hair growth stimulant in terms of length and volume
- Adding shine and luster to the hair
This oil comes from the fruits of baobab trees and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and other antioxidants. It contains many nutrients suitable for both hair and skin. Quite frankly when you think of all the nutrients it possesses, it seems to be one oil with health benefits that everyone can take advantage of.
Some of the benefits of Baobab Oil:
- Delivering moisturizing properties to reduce dry and flaky hair
- Strengthening weak and brittle hair
- Aiding hair growth and used to treat scalp conditions like dandruff, psoriasis, etc.
Now if you’ve been thinking of what oil to use but can’t decide between any of the available ones, we’ve got a solution for you: our signature Oil blend
This is an oil blend containing the benefits of seven essential and natural oils - Soybean Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Baobab Oil, Rosemary Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil and, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil.
Now that’s an all-in-one if you’ve ever seen one! Our lightweight oil blend is one of a kind with the following benefits:
- It helps you retain moisture and softness
- It calms frizz and adds a natural shine to your hair.
- It is lightweight and does its work without adding any greasiness
- Promotes blood circulation on the scalp
- Is rich in omega fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E
As you can see, oils are a very important part of your hair care routine. If you don’t use one already, which oil do you think would be best for your hair? If you do have a favorite, what other special uses do you get out of your hair oils? We would love to see your answers in the comments below!
Uhai Hair is a line of versatile haircare products infused with high quality African ingredients such as superfood baobab, coconut oil and shea butter and designed to revive the hair and scalp. The products are award winning (the Oil Blend won the Allure Best in Beauty Award) and have received recognition from Beauty Editors from leading publications including Allure, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, the LA Times, Harper’s Bazaar etc. Uhai Hair is available globally in Liberia, Kenya, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire, and the U.S.
Follow us on:
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uhaihair
Twitter at https://twitter.com/UhaiHair